WhatsApp now have a feature to ignore being added to any group without your consent just as it is fairly common for complete strangers to add you to their groups without your permission some are actively using the platform to spread their propaganda and fake news.
In their new setting, you can stay out of aggravating group conversations with unknown persons, your extended family, and those toxic friends amongst others.
The Privacy Setting has rolled out to some users already and will be available worldwide in a few weeks soon.
To enable this feature, please follow this procedure:
- In your WhatsApp, go to the Settings then choose Accounts and then Privacy.
- Click on Groups and select the option that best suit you – the first option will prompt that the user adding you to first send you an invitation which you will have to approve either by:
– Nobody (this prevents anyone from adding you to a group without an invitation)
– My contacts (only your contacts can add you to a group without an invitation)
– Anyone (Anyone can add you to a group without an invitation)If you value your privacy, you’ll want to select either of the first two options.