Jaiz Bank Plc, Nigeria’s first non-interest bank operating under Islamic banking principles has introduced a Green account aimed at converting waste to wealth and also, promoting a culture of waste recycling.
The Jaiz Green Account helps convert waste to wealth.
It is aimed at promoting a culture of waste recycling.
How it works:
- Open a Jaiz Green Account.
- Submit waste items for recycling at designated recycling locations.
- Earn points on volume of waste submitted.
- Points are saved in your Green Wallet.
- Points in Green Wallet are converted into cash in your Green Account.
The Jaiz Green Account is aimed at promoting a culture of waste recycling.
Its management believes everyone should be involved in making a positive impact on the environment which would help in driving the bank’s sustainable banking goals.
The Bank is in partnership with Chanja Datti Ltd, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) who operated “Trash to Cash Recycling Hubs Project’’ in the centres.
Chanja Datti Ltd. is to establish five recyclable waste collection centres in Abuja to promote youth empowerment and environmental cleanliness.
The programme however is available only in Abuja.